Ave Maria University’s online MBA explores business skills and principles from a global perspective and inspires you to become a business leader who is influenced by Catholic ideals. The curriculum emphasizes interpersonal skills as well as the analytical thinking needed to understand and excel in business. With faith-based, detailed instruction taught by professors with industry experience, you will acquire competency in both theoretical and practical approaches that can be immediately applied in the workplace.
Whether you are interested in enhancing your business skills to advance your career, transition from a non-business occupation, or launch your own entrepreneurial venture, our fully online MBA program prepares you for a variety of business careers. It provides you with fundamental tools for accounting, finance, marketing, and business management. Through a required capstone course, you’ll gain insight into how entrepreneurs start businesses, the innovation mindset, and pitfalls that can result in failure.
Through the progressive curriculum, you will discover how business serves the needs of all stakeholders. Discover how to incorporate ethics into every aspect of your career, so that you can choose what’s right for the organization and its clientele rather than what is convenient. You’ll explore how to put people before profit by building on three principles that are oriented toward the person:
- Build integrity, trust, and commitment with others
- Gain awareness of the impact of business decisions on people
- Demonstrate respect for others in service of human advancement, such as value creation, and opportunity
With Ave’s online MBA, you’ll unlock your boundless business career potential while promoting your spiritual development.
Ave Maria University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Ave Maria University.
Fill out the form to receive more information about this program.
- Next start date: Every Two Months
- Credit hours: 32
- Cost per credit: $475
- Number of transfer credits accepted: 16
- Estimated completion time: 16 months to 2 years
Courses & Curriculum
Our online MBA program consists of eight courses for 32 credit hours that can be completed in as little as 16 months. We also offer four foundational business courses for those who need to strengthen basic business knowledge.
Our curriculum explores the fundamental business skills in areas including accounting, finance, and business management. A capstone course is required, along with an elective of your choice.
- BUSN 503: Leadership, Ethics, Management Theory, and Practice
- BUSN 515: The Vocation to Business Leadership
- BUSN 550: Managerial Operations and Strategy
- BUSN 590: Entrepreneurship Capstone
- ECON 550: Economics & the Global Business Environment
- FINC 550: Finance for Managers and Leaders
- MKTG 550: Marketing Management
- ACCT 501: Accounting for Managers
- ECON 501: Business Economics
- FINC 501: Fundamentals of Finance
- STAT 530: Statistics for Business
- BUSN 630: Quantitative Methods for Managers
- BUSN 640: Business Law
- BUSN 650: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- BUSN 699: Internship
This Program Consists Of8-12 Total Courses Earn Your Degree Faster By Transferring Credits
Admission Requirements & Process
To be considered for Ave Maria’s online MBA program, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. You must also have proof of at least one of the following:
- GMAT score of at least 440
- GRE score of at least 144
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or more
- Post-graduate degree in another discipline
- Three or more years of professional work experience with advancement in a particular competency or management responsibilities for budgets, projects, or personnel
- A “B” grade or better in each of the following courses, or their undergraduate equivalents: ACCT 501, ECON 501, FINC 501, and STAT 530 (when enrolling with conditional admission as a non-degree-seeking student)
To apply, please submit the following items:
- Online application (There is no application fee.)
- Official copies of all transcripts, showing degree conferral when appropriate
- Essay or video in which you communicate your motivation for pursuing an MBA
Tuition & Fees
Time to completion varies by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable. For a personalized estimate of your time to completion, call an enrollment advisor at (844) 747-2022 or request more information.
* Tuition and fees are subject to change. Books and materials are not included and may cost up to an additional $5,500. Fees are charged per course unless otherwise noted. This program takes an estimated two to four semesters to complete, depending on transfer credits.
|Full Program Tuition||$475 per credit hour||$15,200|
|Full Program Fees||$37 per course||$296|
|Tuition with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 16)||$475 per credit hour||$11,400|
|Fees with Maximum Transfer Credits (Up to 16)||$37 per course||$222|
|Total with Transfer Credits||$11,622|
After graduating from our online MBA program, you’ll be able to advance your career and pursue a variety of opportunities in business management, finance, marketing and general business. (Median annual salaries and job growth predictions are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and job growth is projected through 2026.)
An information systems manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing an organization’s technology-related activities. They assess computer needs and recommend upgrades to executives, evaluate the costs and benefits of projects, install and maintain hardware and software, and ensure network security.
- Annual median salary: $139,220
- Job growth: 12 percent
A marketing manager estimates the demand for product and services for a business and determines potential markets for products. They also develop pricing strategies to help their business maximize profits and market share.
- Annual median salary: $132,230
- Job growth: 10 percent
Human resources managers coordinate an organization’s administration and workforce. They manage employee benefit programs and the hiring process, and they resolve workplace conflicts.
- Annual median salary: $110,120
- Job growth: 9 percent
In charge of a medical facility’s services, a health services manager seeks ways to improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare services and make sure that the facility is compliant with laws and regulations. They oversee the facility’s finances, hire staff members, and act as a representative for the facility at investor meetings or on governing boards.
- Annual median salary: $98,350
- Job growth: 20 percent
At Ave Maria Online, we understand that coming up with the funds for a college education can get tricky. We offer financial aid to all eligible students who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our financial aid options include grants and loans.
Simply complete the application online on the FAFSA website. Remember to use Ave’s school code: 039413. After we have received your information, we will determine your financial aid eligibility and notify you so that you can accept any or all of it. In addition, one of our friendly enrollment counselors can assist you throughout the entire process.
We proudly offer assistance for U.S. military veterans. Veterans can take advantage of the Montgomery GI Bill and the Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation for veterans with a service-connected disability. Spouses and dependents of veterans can also receive assistance.
Request More Information
To receive an ePacket loaded with information about our online degree programs, complete the form below.